Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Water Park Fun

This was a fun weekend. I went with all ten grand kids and their moms to an indoor water park in Dallas, Texas. We were only gone for two days, but it was plenty of time to slip and slide our way into water park history. Yes, we did it all. I even did it all! Even the dreaded tornado ride! Actually, I was more leery of the cold water than I was the ride, but to my surprise the water and air temperature in the park was perfect. Not hot or cold--just right, like the baby bears porridge in the familiar children's tale.
I would be misleading you if I said the entire trip was perfect. No way! We had our share of fights to push the elevator button, what TV show to watch, and, of course, who would sit by who. You know, you've been there. But, here's the bottom line. Any vacation is just like life itself. There are great moments; those are the times when the video cameras run and the shining moments are captured. And there are moments when the cameras are turned off and everyone is in tears.
God never promised us a "no tears" day until the day we walk through the heavenly gates. He did promise us days when the water is warm and everything is good. He also promised us days when we are challenged to lean on Him to make it through. I love how Thessalonians 1:9 (The Message) says this to us, "So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you're already doing this, just keep on doing it."
Truly, life is full of ups and downs, like a slide at the water park, but we can help each other through the down times with words of love and encouragement. Think of someone today who needs your words of hope.

Hugs and blessings,

Chrys

No comments: