Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm back! I've been away for a few weeks while we updated my website. So, I'm excited to be back with you and look forward to blogging often. My newest book, Motivationals for Mom, is now on the shelves. I hope you get a chance to look for it. I wrote the book because I know that being a mom is a hard job and YOU and I need all the encouragement we can get. Just this week at my mentoring group we discussed how hard it is for us to watch as our older children make decisions not in agreement with the plan we had for their lives. And I don't mean like what they wear to school. I mean choices that are clearly not in their best interest, like not even going to school or becoming rude and disrepectful to you. I wanted everyone in the group to realize that our job as a parent is to make sure our children are able to make informed decisions, even if they don't make the right one. You cannot guarantee right decisions, but you can guarantee informed ones. If you want your children to be aware of the pitfalls in life, you have to tell them what those pitfalls are and teach them a better way. If they choose the wrong path, you have the assurance that you taught them, but they chose differently and hopefully, they will one day turn back to a better way. After all, Proverbs does tell us, "Point your kids in the right direction--when they're old they won't be lost." Sometimes I have to grab a grandchild and point him or her in right direction as we're heading through the mall or at church. Let's all commit to pointing our kids in the right direction. Have a blessed day! Hugs, Chrys

No comments: